These are the principles that govern the work we do at Original. They are intended to guide the link between the master craftsmen and women and the commercial participants. All participants, from the organisers to the guests, must commit themselves to comply with these guidelines.
- RESPECT the collective rights that Mexico’s creative communities and peoples have over their cultural heritage.
- CONSULT the opinion of Mexico’s creative communities and peoples on the production and reproduction of the works that make up their cultural heritage, together with the corresponding authorities.
- RESEARCH, LEARN AND TRANSMIT the history and meaning of the symbols that integrate the elements that make up the cultural heritage of the creative peoples and communities of Mexico.
- PRESERVE and PROMOTEthe techniques and materials used by the creative peoples and communities of Mexico.
- RESPECT the conditions that the creative communities of Mexico establish for the use, reproduction and production of their creations and the relationship with the times and fair payment for them.
- VALUE the effort and work of Mexico’s creative peoples and communities; ENCOURAGE the creative freedom of creative people andy AVOID mass industrialisation processes.
- COMBAT any practice that encourages misappropriation and abuse of designs, iconography and creations, whose ownership belongs to the creative peoples and communities of Mexico.
- INTEGRATE the gender perspective in safeguarding the ancestral traditions of Mexico’s creative peoples and communities.
- CONSUME or COMMERCE original designs, works or creations belonging to the creative peoples and communities of Mexico generated under ethical and fair trade schemes.
- INFORM about the origin of the creations of the creative peoples and communities of Mexico.
See also: Guía de buenas prácticas